Sunday, April 5, 2009

In Your Face, Diamond Stitch!

I have been trying to figure out how to do the Diamond Stitch on and off for a couple years now. I couldn't find any tutorials on line and I have no one to ask for help. I would revisit the pattern every so often with a fresh perspective but it just wouldn't come together. I searched for comparable patterns, like cables and cross stitches, but they just didn't compare to the Diamond Stitch. I finally conquered it and it feels great. A person can sit alone, count stitches, read and re-read directions for only so long before they become a little weird. I passed that point a long time ago. Here's a picture of my pride and joy.

I'm making a baby blanket for a friend; the pattern alternates panels of the Diamond Stitch and a Basket Weave Stitch. I'll post pictures when I'm done. I will be on Spring Break all next week so I can Diamond Stitch the days away!
Sandra

No comments: